Wednesday 6 July 2011

Gemma & Austen - The Olde Bell Hurley 18 June 2011

A truly super day with Gemma and Austen at the Olde Bell. I cover so many weddings here but the greatest part is they are always so different and I can certainly say that about this wedding! The couple have a background in film and television and this made for an arty, alternative feel to the day. I knew from the start we would have a brilliant day but the biggest challenge for me was to capture two people who really are not keen on photographs of themselves!! So my task was a tough one as I arrived and could feel this nervous energy from the Bride and Groom. But knowing the venue so well and having covered over twenty weddings here I just blended into the fabric of the day and let my photography do the talking...

A beautiful bride in a stunning creation caused a great reaction as she entered the ceremony in the Malthouse. Its impossible not to have some magic moments in this setting. The newlyweds exited to glorious sunshine and the party began in earnest. We quickly covered the family shots and my brief was to keep it very relaxed so mixing and blending with a boisterous party crowd. The wedding breakfast was located in an amazing marquee tent that looked like it would easily be at home in the Namibian desert. The atmosphere gathered pace during the dining especially when a huge rainstorm descended on us! Great fun and crazy moments were followed by the speeches. The best part was the video created for Austen by his work colleagues...pure genius. A screen was set up and this caused maximum effect! The evening music soon began and I left as the dance floor filled with laughter and joy.





















































No comments: